About the Zakhar Bron School of Music
Zakhar Bron School of Music was founded by Professor Bron and his assistant Liana Tretiakova in Zurich in 2010. Legendary artist Mstislav Rostropovich in his late years supported the idea of creating such a school. Well known Zurich philanthropist and music lover Dr. Marc Blessing became the school's president.
The school was founded as a non-profit association. Its main goal is to give children an opportunity to receive a rounded professional musical education from an early age, to develop the individuality and the talent of each student. Other goals of the school include preparing young soloists for entrance examinations into music universities, for participation in concerts, festivals and competitions internationally.
In order to achieve these goals, we develop an individual program for each student (see below). The school employs highly qualified teachers, who have experience both in working with talented children and giving concerts. Amongst our students are the children of such professional musicians as: world famous soloist Ilya Gringolts, Professor of the Geneva Music University Sergey Ostrovsky, concertmaster of the Zurich Opera Hanna Weinmeister, many orchestra members of the Zurich Opera and Tonhalle Zurich.
Since its foundation, the school has organized more than 100 concerts (including appearances of its students with orchestras) in Switzerland and abroad. Regular master classes allow our students to study with world famous professors and soloists, and even to perform alongside them. Preparing for international competitions allows children to make a huge progress in developing technique and creativity.
This professional approach to education from an early age gives young musicians an opportunity to perform at world-class level, which is confirmed by successes of our students at international festivals and competitions.
VISION AND GOALS
- Providing full and comprehensive support for musically gifted children from an early age
- Continuing the teaching method of Prof. Bron
- Teaching by highly qualified and carefully selected pedagogues
- Participating in Masterclasses with wellknown Professors and Soloists with the goal of learning different styles and methods of playing the violin
- Organising open concerts and student recitals as a part of tuition process
- Organising Masterclasses of the school during regular school holidays in order to intensify the children's development. The close interaction and exchange between the students make an invaluable contribution to their education.
- To develop the individual musical talent of each student
- To provide full and comprehensive support for musically gifted children from an early age based on the techniques of the renowned violin professor Zakhar Bron
- To provide young Swiss musicians with the highest level of music education, comparable to the most prestigious international institutions
- To prepare students for entrance examinations, for bachelor and master degrees, for performing
activities as a potential future professional and/or for participating in international music competitions
- The individuality of the child stands in the core of the teaching process. The child’s own love of music, his or her dedication and initiative, combined with understanding and support from teachers and parents are the foundation for our program
WELCOME FROM THE HONORARY PRESIDENT
“One of the main goals of an accomplished musician should be to encourage and support young talents. My life is dedicated fully to teaching young musicians. This is why I am so excited about this new school, which is going to enhance the opportunities in the sphere of music education in Switzerland.
Our goal is to nurture musicians who will shine at international festivals and competitions and will be welcome in the most prestigious conservatories and music schools around the world.
With my name and participation I am fully supporting the idea of the new school, because I believe that Switzerland needs such an institution and I am happy that from now on it will be possible for children to study at this high level not only in Vienna, London, New York or Moscow, but also in Zurich, which offers a fantastic environment for creative growth”.
Professor Zakhar Bron, Honorary President, August 2010.
„Professor Bron has brought up a whole generation of violinists. The list of soloists, orchestra concertmasters and professors who emerged from his studio and are now making music all over the world is endless. I am always very excited when Prof. Bron is introducing me to another of his talented students. This is why with great pleasure I support the Zakhar Bron School of Music in Zurich. Every possible effort to support this School is invaluable for the further development and promotion of the great violin talents of our time“.
Zubin Mehta, Patron, June 2011.
Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
Munich Philharmonic Orchestra
Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra
Teatro del Maggio Musicale Fiorentino
Bavarian State Orchestra
Chief Conductor, Israel Philharmonic Orchestra