1 July 2016
Concert at the Congress House of Zurich
In the first days of summer, on June 26th, the students of the Zakhar Bron School of Music appeared on the stage of the Chamber Hall of the Congress House of Zurich for the first time.
The School presented 15 young violinists and pianists, five to seventeen years old. Among the participants the audience could hear were:
- the prize winner of international and Swiss National competitions Romane Favia (violin)
- the prize winner of international competitions and the scholarship holder of various Swiss foundations Aurora Gaechter (violin)
- the winner of international competitions Ilva Eigus
- the prize winners of international competitions Sophie Branson and Alexander Sahatci (violin)
- the prize winner of international competitions Platon Yakoniuk (piano)
- the diploma holder of an international competition Dan Blank (piano)
The children presented a program of various styles: Baroque (Bach, Vivaldi, Fiocco), Romanticism (Chopin, Wieniawski, Kreisler, Vieuxtemps), Russian and Soviet music by Tchaikovsky and Shostakovich. The public especially appreciated the appearance of the lovely five year old Estelle Pressler with Perpetum Mobile by Bohm and the moving performance a Gluck melody from the opera “Orpheus and Eurydice” by the charming Ilva Eigus.
Two students of the Zakhar Bron Academy in Interlaken, Ines Burzhinska and Rolanda Ginkute also took part in the concert, performing virtuosic violin fantasies: “Faust” by Wieniawski and “Carmen” by Waxman-Gounod.